Over the past few months I’ve shared how, while we often don’t know our sponsored children very well, we want our letters to have a personal feel. I’ve found that explaining about ourselves is a great way to start letters and build relationships.
Try answering these questions about yourself and current events. Expand as much as space permits.
- What are your closest family members like?
- What happens when your extended family gets together?
- What do you believe is God’s purpose for your family?
- What is your biggest challenge as a family?
- How has God been faithful to your family?
- What prayers has God answered in your family?
- Who else in your family knows Jesus? How did they come to know Him?
- What’s your favorite thing about your family?
- In what way does your family work together best?
- What role has your family played in your faith journey?
- What’s something significant occurring in your town or region right now?
- How are you praying about a significant event in your child’s country or region?
- What does the Bible say in relation to a current event that concerns you?
- How do you overcome anxiety when facing worrisome events?
- What goals have you set for yourself? How much progress have you made?
- What news has recently made you happy?
- How has a recent event impacted your faith?
- How does your life fit into a larger trend or situation in your area?
- What role has your church played in an area event?
- Why do you care about what’s happening around you?
We originally published this post on Jan. 8, 2013.