Current as of April 29, 2013: Select blog posts are recorded and turned into podcasts and listed here alphabetically.
- A Day in Port-au-Prince: What is Port-au-Prince like? What are the people like?
- At the Batey: The situation on the batey is as hard as the dirt ground, but there are a few shards of hope gleaming out of it.
- Child Sponsorship: How Do We Choose Which Children to Register in Our Programs?
No more than three children from the same family can be registered in our Child Sponsorship Program, though each country may limit this to fewer children.
- *Child Sponsorship: It’s a Family Affair
Sponsorship is a family affair, no matter how many children from the same family are enrolled in the program.
- Child Survival 101: Our Child Survival Program works to prevent maternal childbirth deaths.
- Compassion is a Child Development Organization, Not a Child Sponsorship Organization: How is child development different than child sponsorship? What is the difference?
- Dear Good Samaritans: What does a Good Samaritan look like in today’s world?
- Faith of a Child: What do we lose on our journey from childhood to adulthood? Do we need it? Is it important? Should we care?
- Financial Accountability: How is My Money Used Each Month
How much of the $38 I send each month to sponsor a child is used for the child? How much is used on fund raising? What does my child get? Where is the money going that isn’t going to the children?
- Foster Development, Not Dependence
Development is what Compassion is about. We don’t want to give a handout; we want to do the things that will truly help a child become a self-sustaining, responsible adult.
- Giving a Gift to Your Sponsored Child: What are the rules for giving gifts to your sponsored children?
*Highly Vulnerable Children: What Special Needs Do They Have?
Highly vulnerable children in our programs are children at greatest risk of physical, psychological or social harm relative to other children in our child sponsorship program.
- Holistic Child Development: How Do We Teach the Children in Our Programs?
We have created a global curriculum to help develop children holistically—physically, spiritually, cognitively and socio-emotionally. It is designed to be nonacademic, similar to an after-school enrichment program.
- How Long Does My Child Sponsorship Last?
Although age is a determining factor, our completion guidelines include consideration of the individual goals each child has personally set.
- How is Our Christian Child Sponsorship Program Different Than “Regular” Schooling?
We facilitate a holistic child development program that complements and supplements the school systems in the countries we work in.
- *In the Midst of Poverty
Poverty is evil, no question about that. But God is still working in the midst of it.
- The Last Mile: How Our AIDS Initiative Works
The lifesaving anti-retroviral tablets that travel 10,000 miles sometimes don’t make it far enough.
- One Man’s Crawl Space, Another Man’s Castle: A New Perspective on Poverty
It’s easy to lose perspective, especially in a country full of abundance.
- *This Man has AIDS: If you haven’t felt especially connected to our AIDS Initiative, this man may help change that.
- What is Want? (Understanding Want)
Do you understand what real want is? Hunger and want are so unreal and unknown to us that we don’t even blink an eye at it because the want in the developing world is not personal to us.
- What Does Sponsorship Mean? (I Didn’t Think I Would Cry)
What does sponsorship mean to the child and to the sponsor? Is it different if the sponsor grew up in poverty?
- What is Worship? (Live Like We Sing)
What does worship look like? When does worship begin and end? What constitutes worship?
- Why Do Children Leave Our Christian Child Sponsorship Program?
For what reasons do children tend to leave our Child Sponsorship Program?