It’s that time again. Time for you to help me do my job. And my job is to make this blog relevant to you.
To be honest, most of the time I’m just guessing what you want to read. I’m guessing about your interests, situations, questions, familiarity with Compassion, etc. Which isn’t the best way to do a job.
On top of that, I’m trying to balance Compassion’s desires for advocacy and for getting more children sponsored with what I imagine your desire to be:
“Help me feel closer to my sponsored child!”
This is why I’m asking for your help in determining what gets published here. I will use your comments to request specific blog posts from our field communications specialists and from other staff around the world.
- Tell me which type of blog posts you want more of and which you want less of, and why.
- Let me know what you aren’t getting that you wish you were.
All of Compassion’s social media efforts are meant to enrich your sponsorship experience. But beyond that, we also want to:
- provide practical ways for you to live out your faith and pass your values on to your children and your sponsored children;
- share insights, original ideas and commentary on global poverty beyond our specific programs;
- reduce the issue of global poverty to “bite-sized,” compelling solutions that are concrete, personal and actionable;
- provide insight into the lives of children in poverty;
- teach about Christ’s heart for children and the poor;
- encourage you into a deeper relationship with Christ through service to children and the poor;
- explore examples of spiritual, physical, social and economic poverty in our lives and in the lives of children in poverty;
- redefine what is possible in the fight against poverty when we follow Christ; and
- examine God’s leading in your life in relation to children in poverty.
How are we doing with these? Do you even want us to, or think we should, be branching out into these areas?
Given the demands on your time, I know I’m asking a lot of you. I probably wouldn’t even take the time to answer these questions myself because I’m so busy – which is to say I will be extremely grateful for your time and any thoughts you share. Thanks!