Officially, Christmas begins on Dec. 7 when Colombian people celebrate Candle Day, an important festivity in which kids and adults join at night to light candles in the streets and windows. Offices and homes are decorated with lanterns and candles that welcome the holiday season. They are also accompanied by fireworks.
Archives for: Columbia (subscribe)
Dec 24 2010
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- God Prepares Our Hearts to Answer His Call (1)
- Beth: Being a parent of a child with a disability can definitely teach you that God is in control! He brings you to...
- Why Do My Sponsored Child’s Letters Seem So Impersonal? (69)
- Emily: Something helpful I have noticed with my children is that at first the letters are more impersonal but as they...
- Giving a Gift to Your Sponsored Child: The Whys, Whats and Hows (89)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Laura! We cannot send hardcover books. However, I am happy to report that we are able send soft...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2888)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1645)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (590)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (394)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (393)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (391)
- Funny Things Kids Say (343)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction