Officially, Christmas begins on Dec. 7 when Colombian people celebrate Candle Day, an important festivity in which kids and adults join at night to light candles in the streets and windows. Offices and homes are decorated with lanterns and candles that welcome the holiday season. They are also accompanied by fireworks.
Archives for: Columbia (subscribe)
Dec 24 2010
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- New Mobile App: Carry Your Sponsored Child With You (36)
- Become a Missionary Without Leaving Home (48)
- benson nyagiro okumu: i am apastor ministering twelve churches, three churches in kenya nine in uganda. i am taking...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2908)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1689)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (596)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (398)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (395)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (350)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (334)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction
- From Alcoholism to Economic Freedom
- Kenyan Resiliency: Wounded but Unbowed
- Second Friday Writing Club: Share Your World
- New Mobile App: Carry Your Sponsored Child With You
- From Farm to Table: What Safe Food Means to One Child
- TV Takes Easter Beyond Church Walls in Burkina Faso
- The Good News of Easter in Sri Lanka
- What Does Advocacy Look Like?