Officially, Christmas begins on Dec. 7 when Colombian people celebrate Candle Day, an important festivity in which kids and adults join at night to light candles in the streets and windows. Offices and homes are decorated with lanterns and candles that welcome the holiday season. They are also accompanied by fireworks.
Archives for: Columbia (subscribe)
Dec 24 2010
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Nicaragua at a Glance (1)
- Mindy Rogers: Brianne, Wow…so me of these facts and stats are breaking my heart! I’m praying for God to...
- Ministry Highlight: Nicaragua (5)
- Heidi: I can’t wait to read the updates from the #compassionb loggers Nicaragua team this week! I keep...
- Kenya’s Maasai: Caught Between Two Worlds (3)
- Jeff Arnold: Amen Chris it is indeed a balancing act and one Compassion is committed to. I think working through the...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2872)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1631)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (586)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (393)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (390)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (381)
- Funny Things Kids Say (333)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (329)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction