Uganda is often held up as a model for Africa in the fight against HIV and AIDS. Strong government leadership, broad-based partnerships and effective public education campaigns all contributed to a decline in the number of people living with HIV and AIDS in the 1990s.
Despite this impressive reduction in the spread of AIDS in…
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Our prayer this week: Be merciful to all your precious children around the world, oh Lord, for they are in distress. (Psalm 31:9) 2 days ago
- Letter Writing Inspiration (10)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Carol! As you requested, I just sent you an email invite to the Second Friday Letter Writing Club on...
- Do You Make a Difference? (1)
- Tom: Praise God for His work – what an inspiration Mark, Fred & Sherrie are to our world.
- Ebola Outbreak in Africa: Our Response (15)
- Reva Gray: You are all wonderful and precious people. May the Lord Himself, Who is Willing and Able to deliver us,...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1656)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (593)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (397)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (394)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (349)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction