Metro Manila, seen as a “land of opportunities,” has lured many people from different provinces to work and live here. About 35 percent of the families live in informal slum areas that are unfit for settlement, such as in low-lying flood plains, on riverbanks, near highways and railroads, and on dumpsites.
Archives for: life in the philippines (subscribe)
Dec 17 2010
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Join the Letter Writing Club on Pinterest (196)
- The Seven Greatest Human Needs (13)
- Deanna Llyn: I believe the whole message was about Christ. Is He not comfort? Is He not Love?
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1656)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (595)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (398)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (394)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (350)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction