Meningitis is an infectious disease that causes hearing loss and brain damage. Burkina Faso is one of the hardest hit countries in the meningitis belt and is the first African country committing itself to a nationwide campaign to vaccinate all of its children against the disease.
Archives for: meningitis (subscribe)
Oct 6 2011
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- It’s Your Birthday, and I’ll Write If I Want To (23)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Linda! You are more than welcome to translate or have a friend translate your letter for you....
- Life in Arusha, Tanzania — Land of the Maasai (10)
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1656)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (593)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (397)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (394)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (349)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction
- What to Expect from Your Child’s Letters
- Not Too Soon for Christmas
- Can We Defeat Poverty? (Infographic)
- How to Write Your Sponsored Child from Your Phone
- The Power of Storytelling
- Watch Children Get Sponsored in Real Time!
- Team Compassion Rides in the Courage Classic
- Ebola Outbreak in Africa: Our Response