For most parents, the trip to the school may seem death-defying to them, but those trips usually only consist of a quick drive or a walk to the school gates. But the families of Ngandong village, in central Java, Indonesia, take their lives in their hands every day walking to school.
Archives for: Ngandong (subscribe)
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Love and Valentine’s Day in December (12)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Marcia! I just invited you. Happy Pinning!
- Cognitive Development of Children in Poverty (4)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Stephanie! Compassion has developed one curriculum in English for all of our field offices to use....
- We Broke the Bed (4)
- Vicki Small: Great story! I would also have been mortified, if I had broken something, and oh, so happy to pay, or to...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2885)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1642)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (587)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (394)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (392)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (390)
- Funny Things Kids Say (339)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (329)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction