Circumcision, performed on both males and females, is a major cultural practice throughout the Kurya ethnic groups. It is such an important practice among the community members that when an uncircumcised foreigner comes to live among them, he or she is forced into circumcision.
Archives for: Ngariba (subscribe)
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Compassion Alumni Maina and Wanjiru (3)
- It’s Your Birthday, and I’ll Write If I Want To (17)
- Susan Sayler: Hi Debbie! You will receive a thank you letter from your child for the card and money within six months...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1652)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (593)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (397)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (394)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (391)
- Funny Things Kids Say (347)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction