Empowerment is defined by the World Bank as “the process of enhancing the capacity of individuals or groups to make choices … (that lead) to desired actions and outcomes.” At Compassion, discussions on the concept of “empowerment” are not new; but in practice, how evident is empowerment in our management behavior?
Archives for: Philemon 1:10-14 (subscribe)
Sep 10 2011
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Second Friday Writing Club: Playtime (2)
- Emily Vanhoutan: Rachel, Compassion works in 26 countries around the world and we value each and every child that is...
- When a Child Leaves Our Sponsorship Program (74)
- Emily Vanhoutan: Paul, please accept my sincere apologies if you felt you did not receive closure when your child...
- Christmas Tradition and Celebration in Colombia (8)
- nick: colombia**
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1658)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (595)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (398)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (395)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (350)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction