Suppakit and his family are a part of the Karen tribal group, which is a minority group in Burma. Because the Burmese government oppresses numerous ethnic groups, his family lived in extremely difficult circumstances and eventually fled to Thailand. Now Suppakit’s family is recognized as Burmese refugees who have limited rights in Thailand.
Archives for: Sop Moei River (subscribe)
Aug 3 2010
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Our prayer this week: O Lord, hear our voice. Let your ears be attentive to our cry for mercy for the children of the world (Psalm 130:1) 1 day ago
- Ideas for Fun Items to Send to Your Sponsored Child (124)
- Emily Vanhoutan: Hi there Trysha! Band-aids are such a great gift to send to your child and you can be assured they...
- Contact Us (2)
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2898)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1656)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (593)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (398)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (394)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (393)
- Funny Things Kids Say (349)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction
- What to Expect from Your Child’s Letters
- Not Too Soon for Christmas
- Can We Defeat Poverty? (Infographic)
- How to Write Your Sponsored Child from Your Phone
- The Power of Storytelling
- Watch Children Get Sponsored in Real Time!
- Team Compassion Rides in the Courage Classic
- Ebola Outbreak in Africa: Our Response