Despite the Ethiopian government’s efforts to eradicate bridal abduction, it’s still frequently practiced in some rural areas. Bridal abduction has been illegal since 2005, but outside of the capital, the law is interpreted very loosely by the police and judges. Hence, girls as young as 11 years old are abducted and are given in marriage…
Subscribe (subscribe)Enter your e-mail address to have our posts sent directly to your inbox. Or click on the orange RSS icon to subscribe in a reader.
- Spring Is in the Air (3)
- Can I Send This Gift to My Sponsored Child? (160)
- Lindsey: Kal, I have had my older children thank me just for writing to them in a greeting card as they don̵...
Most Active Discussions
- Letter Writing Ideas (2886)
- Where Do You Sponsor a Child? (1644)
- Please Encourage Our Haiti Staff: Prayers Needed (589)
- Are My Letters Really That Important? (394)
- Write Your Child the Second Friday of Every Month (393)
- Should I Visit My Sponsored Child? (390)
- Funny Things Kids Say (340)
- Sponsorship in Six Words (332)
- Haiti Earthquake Update (323)
Got Questions? Get Satisfaction