- Poverty >> Compassion International - http://blog.compassion.com -
Wess Speaks (Part V)
Posted By Web Team On June 1, 2008 @ 1:10 am In Employees and Culture | 5 Comments
We recently gave you the opportunity ask our president , Wess, any questions you like. We’re publishing his transcribed answers one day at a time. If you want to catch up, here’s the background skinny .
- First, I want to see Compassion double in size in the next six years. Based on our recent growth, I believe it is pretty safe to predict that this organization will move from 1 million children  to 2 million children in the course of the next six years.
- Second, I want our Leadership Development Program , which I think is pure gold, to grow from our current count of 1,800 university students to 10,000 university students before I go. We already have that many qualified students, but we just need the money to put them through college.
- Third, I want the alumni associations to expand. If we were to gather Compassion’s kids together, there would be standing room only in the biggest stadiums, and I can’t wait for the day when we actually do that! Everybody in the stadium would be a Compassion child or a Compassion graduate worshiping together. I would love to have that in place in the near future.
- Fourth, I want to wisely choose my successor. We have great leaders in this ministry and when the time is right I want to get out of the way and let the next generation lead. I need God to orchestrate this and direct me to that person.
- Lastly, I want to finish well . When my time serving Compassion is finally done, I want to walk out of here a man of God, overjoyed but humbled. I am deeply passionate about walking closely with my Lord in such a way that when the time comes I will leave this place “well.”
Article printed from Poverty >> Compassion International: http://blog.compassion.com
URL to article: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-v/
URLs in this post:
 subscribe to our blog: http://feeds.feedburner.com/CompassionBlogPosts
 Web Team: https://plus.google.com/+compassioninternational
 ask our president: http://blog.compassion.com/ask-wess/
 here’s the background skinny: http://blog.compassion.com/tag/ask/
 Lisa Miles: http://childsponsorchat.blogspot.com/
 1 million children: http://blog.compassion.com/something-to-get-excited-about/
 Leadership Development Program: http://www.compassion.com/about/programs/leadershipdevelopment.htm
 finish well: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?book_id=62&chapter=4&verse=6&end_verse=8&version=31&context=context
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-the-finale/
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-iv/
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-vii/
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-vi/
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-xi/
 Image: http://blog.compassion.com/wess-speaks-part-iii/
Copyright © 2010 Christian Blog on Child Poverty. All rights reserved.