I’m going to Mexico! And I want you to come with me.
I was left behind once, and I’m grateful it wasn’t in the “missed the Rapture” sense. Because of that experience I will do my best to make you feel like you’re in Mexico with me.
My first responsibility on the trip is to support the sponsors who are traveling with us to meet their sponsored children. However, you will always be in my thoughts.
I intend to:
- upload photos to our Flickr photostream, and I’ll add the best ones to our Flickr group, which you can see in the sidebar under Your Flickr Photos.
- tweet – send regular text updates of what’s going on – so follow us on Twitter
- write colorful and moving commentary you’ll find here, on this very blog
- take some Blair Witch/Cloverfield amateur-style video to share with you when I get back
- eat lots of beans and rice
- hug lots of kids
- et cetera
I don’t sponsor a child in Mexico but if you do, and they’re at one of these child development centers, let me know. I will TRY to get a photo of your child for you. I cannot promise anything other than I’ll try.
The child development centers are:
- The King’s Children Ambassadors Student Center (ME-730)
- The Jesus’ Friends Student Center (ME-737)
- The House of Bread Student Center (ME-708)
Please don’t leave your child’s name or number in your comment. Just let me know you have a child at one of the centers and someone will contact you via email to get the information.