Writing frequently to sponsored children is great for everyone. It lets the child know he or she is special, and it tends to keep the child more on your mind and in your prayers.
Sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin a letter to your sponsored child. Here are twenty questions to help you get your letters started.
Your Spiritual Life
- How has God recently answered your prayer?
- How have you sensed God’s leading at different points of your life?
- Who is your spiritual role model?
- When have you needed to repent?
- How has God comforted you in trouble?
- Why do you love God?
- How did you become involved in your local church?
- What do you believe are some of God’s purposes for your life?
- What was your latest sermon or class study about? How has it impacted you?
- What is a challenge in your relationship with God?
Your Sponsored Child
- What is your prayer for your sponsored child?
- How do you remember the child throughout the week or month?
- Why does this child matter to you?
- What have you recently learned about the child’s country?
- What do you hope the child will learn about God or spiritual life? (This could be a truth or skill.)
- What do you appreciate about this child? (Comment on recent letter, the child’s prayers for you, artwork in a letter, smile in the photo, or something else.)
- What do you want your sponsored child to remember when facing discouragement?
- What concern of yours would you like your sponsored child to pray about?
- What do you think about the child’s latest letter or picture you received?
- How has being a Compassion sponsor changed you?