Without Change and Innovation Ministries Die

In the 1980s, one of the most widely held corporate beliefs was that people or employees are an organization’s most important asset.

In the ’90s, Stephen Covey pushed that thought to another level, saying that the “right” people are a company’s greatest investment.

Then, just a few years ago, Marcus Buckingham took that assertion one step further, claiming that an organization’s greatest asset is not just people or the right people, but the right people with passion and creativity.

man wearing red robe touching the top of his head

It’s really not hard to identify people who possess passion and creativity. They are usually the ones who are observing current situations and thinking of how those trends will affect the future. They are also the ones exploring new and better ways of doing things so as to improve and progress on a vision or goal.

When was the last time you saw someone in your life who may have been the right person for a job, but who lacked passion and creativity?

What would be your suggestion to ignite passion, creativity or innovation in him or her?

“Without change we can easily continue practicing our present skills and become best players in a game that is no longer being played!” — Larry Wilson

9 Comments |Add a comment

  1. Ignatia April 21, 2017

    So good ! I believe, that passion and creativity comes from the fire inside of us, and so for me, they’re a good reflection of how His fire “burns” inside of me. I realise, that as long as my eyes are fixed on HIM, His fire in me will keep burning …… 🙂

  2. K-eM October 17, 2011


    So many lose the passion and creativity they had because no one will listen to the ideas they have, see their potential, and give them the resources and time to figure it out (and to fail a few times before getting it right).

  3. Emmanuel Stephano October 17, 2011

    Passion,creativity and doing things God’s way!

  4. David Hawley October 16, 2011

    Lord, teach us to pray.

  5. Erica October 16, 2011

    I love the essence of this blog, but I think there was more needed to be written to link the title to the body of writing. A good start, but I’d love to hear more, but it has got me thinking – thanks!

  6. Pamela October 15, 2011

    It’s not about passion or creativity. Without God ministries die. When you become so arrogant, believing that your own efforts are what make ministry “successful”, you are on the verge of collapse. It’s not about novelty or technology, it’s all about Him. Get out from behind the “company” or “organization” mindset, there’s something so much greater in front of you.

    1. ronda October 15, 2011


  7. Mike Stephens October 15, 2011

    I think the more someone believes in a goal/vision the more passion they will have and faith that it will happen. So if they don’t believe in the goal/vision I think prayer is the best way to help them get there. B/c I think real faith only comes from God. I think passion, creativity, and vision our a result of faith from God. B/c at the end of the day He IS the Author and Perfector of our FAITH!

  8. Alexa Madrid October 15, 2011

    I complete agree with this. A perfect combination: a place where to work (company), correct people in it but if there is no passion, many things will be done but many not with that touch of excellence that God demands us. This week I learnd that be need to be 80% of passion and the rest 20% can be skills, technics, resources and with it, great things can be done to chance and transform life and our own context.

Add a Comment

Read the ground rules for comments.