Poverty tells children a lot of lies. But each Compassion-assisted child has the Truth that they can literally hold in their hands.
When you give a child in poverty a Bible, you give Light in the face of darkness. Hope in the face of despair.
Your gift of a Bible provides a child with the truth that…
- God’s love is bigger than poverty (Isaiah 40:28).
- God created you with a plan and a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11).
- You are God’s child (John 1:12).
- God will never, ever leave you (Deuteronomy 31:6).
- God sent Jesus to rescue you (John 3:16).
These are all lessons that Carlos learned when he got his first Bible. Watch his story and learn just how powerful the Word of God is for children in poverty.