UPDATED Nov. 7, 2013: Our photo scavenger hunt prized winners are: Yvonne Reynolds, Jill Foley, Janet Ridgeway, Hannah Hinojosa, Luann Cubbage, Cheyanne Kopera, Anka, Micah Headdings, Beveryly Yearwood, Mandi Royman and Megan Knox. We will contact our winners via email shortly.
Today is World Food Day. Nov. 6, 2013, is One Meal One Day*. Between now and then, we’re hosting a scavenger hunt…complete with prizes.
- Whole bean, fair trade coffee, from Three Avocados (1)
- Books and CDs
- A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family, and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon by Sophie Hudson (a.k.a. Boomama) (1)
- Southern Plate: Classic Comfort Food That Makes Everyone Feel Like Family by Christy Jordan (1)
- A Place at the Table by Chris Seay (1)
- for KING & COUNTRY’s latest CD, Crave (5)
To participate, take pictures of the following scavenger hunt items between now and 9 p.m. MT on Nov. 6, 2013. Each item will earn you contest entries. Some items will earn you more entries than others.
The photos fall into several categories, each highlighting a different aspect of the One Meal One Day campaign*: blessing, waste, need and advocacy.
Share your photos in Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, etc., then come back here and post the URL to your photo in the widget at the end of this post to get your contest entries.
- We understand having to come back to this post to paste your URL in the widget is annoying, but it’s necessary to ensure we have a verifiable pool of entries (i.e., we don’t miss any) to randomly select our winners from.
*Although Compassion has since retired the One Meal One Day initiative mentioned in this article, we are SO thankful for everyone who participated in the life-changing movement!